Using a format that is unique in the sport of triathlon, teams of two, whether they be friends, spouses, or family members combine their ages and sign up in the appropriate category.
Each person on the team does the entire triathlon or aquabike, and then their times are combined for the overall results.
One may also participate as an individual. You have 3 options when registering as an individaul. You can register for the Individual Triathlon, Incividual Aquabike, or the new in 2015 Pair Me Up Triathlon. In the Pair Me Up catagory you will randomly paired with a team mate and race in your own Paired Up catagory for awards.
Held just 15 minutes from downtown Austin, the event will use a sprint distance course that swims in Decker Lake, bikes around the lake, and uses a traffic free run course entirely inside the park. There is tons of space and we've secured parking nearby, so bring the family and friends. As usual with our events, we'll finish off with a great outdoor party, awards, and prize giveaway.
The Couples Triathlon Format
Couples Triathlon is a sprint distance triathlon that is completed individually, but scored in a unique fashion. Here's how it works:
- 2 people sign up as a team. They don't need to be a "couple". In fact, most teams are friends or family members.
- 1 person may also sign up as an individual if they prefer.
- 2 person relay available.
- The team signs up for one of the event divisions.
- Each person completes the event as an individual. The wave starts will be based on the event divisions.
- After the event is completed, the awards will be determined based on the division and the combined age of the team. /li>
- Official results will be available by overall place, team place, and by age group. Results will be sent to USAT using the official age group categories for USAT rankings.
Friends - Male (Combined Age Groups: < 70 ; 70-94; 95+ )
Friends - Female (Combined Age Groups: < 70 ; 70-94; 95+ )
Friends - Mixed (Combined Age Groups: < 70 ; 70-94; 95+ )
More than Friends (Combined Age Groups: < 70 ; 70-94; 95+ )
Married (Combined Age Groups: < 70 ; 70-94; 95+ )
Parent & Child
2 Person Relay - Male
2 Person Relay - Female
2 Person Relay - Mixed
Pair Me Up
The minimum age to participate in this event is 14.
2 Person RelayFor the 2 Person Relay, couples may split the three legs of the triathlon however they wish. All exchanges must take place at the bike rack.
Awards will be presented to the top 3 teams overall.
For the divisions Friends Mixed, Friends Male, Friends Female, More than Friends, and Married awards will be presented to the top 3 in each age catagory < 70, 70-94, and 95+.
For the Divisions Parent & Child, Siblings, Aquabike, Individual Male, Individual Female, Indivdual Aquabike, and Pair Me Up awards will be presented to the top 3 teams in each division.
Relay Teams will be awarded for Top Team in each catagory.
Awards will be presented at the event or may be picked up at Jack and Adam's Bicycles. Awards will not be mailed out.
Finish Line Carnival
The finish line carnival is open to all participants and spectators. Participants will receive free hot food and drinks, as well as other treats. Food & drink for spectators may be available for purchase, and may be free at some vendors. Free water will be available for everyone.
The Texas Tri Series
Couples Triathlon is the 3rd event in the 8th Annual Texas Tri Series. The most fun you have ever TRI'd to have. The Texas Tri Series is is a great way to meet new people, train for triathlons, and have a lot of fun along the way.
The 9th Annual Jack & Adam's Texas Tri Series is a full season of fun concluding with a party!
How to Join the Fun:
1) Register for The Texas Tri Series below, free of charge.
2) Participate or Volunteer at 6 out of the 7 events in the series to complete the series. All Star Volunteers are awarded a special award and must volunteer at all 6 events with no substitution of CapTex Tri.
Events of the Texas Tri Series are:
-May 3rd - Rookie Tri
-June 21 - Lake Pflugerville Tri
-July 12th - Couples Tri
-August 2nd - Jack's Generic Triathlon
-September 7th - Tri Rock Austin
-September 26-27 Kerrville Triathlon Festival
* May 25 - CapTex Tri *
(*substitute race, not eligible for All Star Volunteer, timing or overall age group awards for series)
3) Get an invite to the party of the year! There will be drinks, dinner, photo booths, dancing, prize giveaways, awards ceremony, and more! The 2015 Texas Tri Series Gala is one you don't want to miss.
So sign up today and let's do this thing! For more information, visit www.texastriseries.com.